Sunday 22 April 2012

A Strange Month.... Back to it... Soon :D

Wow I feel as if I've been away forever! It has most certainly been a strange month for me.

I got through to a second interview for a job and was turned down. Surprisingly I'm not as upset as I thought I would be. In a way it has helped me decide on what I want to do with my life and what I don't want to do with it. I definitely don't want to work in a stuffy, high brow job. I'm far too talkative for that :D So don't worry I'm all good!

This is my new motto for life. Do you like it?



Things I've noticed since taking my leave of absence from blogging and dieting:

1) You slip very easily into not exercising :o
2) You focus less on food
3) You lose all that hard earned toning :(
4) Overall you feel happier but it doesn't last forever
5) You can maintain your weight

My break has been a real learning curve for me. I like being toned and miss it but I don't miss the constant guilt over eating something nice and perhaps less than healthy for me. On the other hand I know I need to lose a few more stone. So the plan is to at the start of May get back on it and get down to 12 stone. Take another break and then start again and get down to 11 stone. Hopefully I will finally be happy with myself.

I'm going to enjoy the next 8 days of freedom and then welcome back the healthy eating and lifestyle!

I'll see you all there and I can't wait to see how you're all doing :D I bet I'm in for some good reading and celebrating with you all!

Emily xxx

4 comments:

  1. It's sometimes hard for be to believe that I can maintain my weight without super long workouts and tracking every bite I eat. But don't hundreds of thousands of thin people do that every day?

    Your plan sounds like a good one. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that a learning curve is a very valuable experience (logically ... ), it can be very eye-opening to have that kind of experience with you too. Now you know what it's like, and what you prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you didn't get the job but you can definitely be proud of getting to that stage.

    I love the motto, it's something I need to start following myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes life is more than dieting and weight loss. Sometimes it gets in the way and you just have to roll with it. You learn what works and you learn what doesn't as you have done, my darling.

    I think your plan seems sensible. Losing a huge amount of weight in a short time, denying yourself of everything I personally think will catch up with you at some point. Eg, you'll go to a friend's bday party and eat 3 slices of cake because you haven't had it in months. Lol. I think working in little bits of something nice can help you stay on track because you're less likely to binge on it. Well, that's my experience anyway.

    The other night I was craving chocolate like mad. My Easter egg was talking to me. So I had litterally the tinest bit, like 10g, and surprisingly enough I got back into bed, continued watching the TV and my chocolate craving went away. But I could have easily demolished the half of my egg that is left.

    You will get where you want to be my love. I believe in you. But it does take time and you seem to be working that into your plan and being realistic.

    Remember. I will always love you no matter one and I always think you're beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete