Tuesday 20 December 2011

Illness

So I'm ill, the thing people losing weight dread the most and I'm afraid to admit I'm not doing so well. I haven't massively overeaten or anything but I've been unable to exercise, which makes me sad and paranoid that I will put on lots of weight.

I'm hoping to be better by tomorrow but you never know with these things. I don't want to be ill on Christmas day. I don't want to miss seeing my Grandparents.

Not been keeping on top on my calories as much, but as I don't have a lot of bad foods in the house, it's hard for me to snack too badly. I think preparation can help avoid temptation. Having no bad food in the house means I have to consciously go out and get bad food, which in turns deters me from getting it.

I think that is why people put on weight at Christmas because there is so much food around and available to eat.

Just got to try and not eat it.

Emily x

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon!

    I don't have many bad foods in my house either but at work I am surrounded by it! It's awful and so hard to resist.

    I had the flu last year on Christmas Day (and for 2 weeks afterwards!) which totally sucked but the only positive was that it was the first Christmas in a long time I had lost weight! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how I used to lose weight. Cheating on my diet but exercising. When I stopped exercising through being busy or an injury, I put the weight back on. In my 20's I lost 70lbs through running but then had a really bad knee injury and put it all back on, and more.

    This time, I am losing weight through a diet.. I was unable to exercise in Sept for 3 weeks and still continued to lose weight. Counting your calories and remaining under xx is key for me.

    How I get past the food available is to learn what most items are in calories and that item then becomes a number. That 1" cube of fudge is more than a full salad with a nice dressing etc.

    I am sure you will make the right choices :) your health is way more important! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your comparison:

    '1" cube of fudge is more than a full salad with a nice dressing etc.'

    Really makes you think!!! :o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon sweetie. It is a good thing to avoid temptations by not making them available.

    I try to pack lots of fruits and veggies at this time of the year. It makes it easier to eat less junk.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete